I’ve been tagged with a couple memes recently. Firstly Sam Oakley’s top 10 business benefits of blogging and now with the “Five things you didn’t know about me” meme… twice (thanks, Sherrilynne and someone else I’ve lost track of).
My apologies for ducking these memes thus far. I have been woefully busy for the last three weeks and it is steadily getting worse.
So, here goes with the “Five things you didn’t know about me” meme:
- I am getting married in March 2007 to my wonderful fiancee, Sarah.
- If you want to play that ‘Six Degrees of Separation’ game I can get to Saddam Hussein in three connections. Well, probably not now he’s banged up.
- I am slowly drowning under CIPR Diploma coursework.
- I succeeded in completing my BA (don’t forget the Hons) and MA in English Literature without ever reading Hamlet. Phew!
- We have two cats called Cosmo and Dibbs after the classic kids TV show made for schools. No-one but Sarah and I remember it but the voice-overs were done by Gary Wilmott and the theme music was by UB40 – respect!
As a sixth fact (consider it a Xmas treat) I also had my name read on Radio 1’s surreal pirate buy-in Radio Tip Top. Again no-one ever remembers the show that aired circa. 1996-97 but I became a Tip-Topper (as opposed to a Tip-Topette!) so please share those memories if you have them.
Blogging will undoubtedly be light from now until at least 10 January 2007 when I’m meant to hand in my essays.
Happy Christmas and a great 2007 to everyone who reads the blog.
Ps. I have picked Child Poverty Action Group as Simon’s charity choice. Xmas is a happy time of year for most of us but it can be miserable for others. If you feel generous please give a few quid.